Birds Nest Poetry Open Mic Series
Public · Hosted by George ColburnGoingShare
- Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Eggroll Queen Cafe, 1579 Hamline Avenue, Falcon Heights, MN 55108
- Birds Nest Poetry Open Mic Series is pleased to announce that our featured artist for Sunday, October 27, 2019 will be River Urke.
- River Maria Urke has the heart of a poet and the eyes of an artist. She glides through life releasing the images pounding to get out, creating works of art from poetry to one or more of the many forms of visual art she employs from photography to painting to creations of thread and cloth to name a few of her multi-talents. River’s poetic writings and artistic touches reflect her diverse upbringing along with her Ojibwe roots and the ponderings she has being a forty something American mother living with the progression of Multiple Sclerosis. An artist of body and mind she needs to create on an everyday basis in some form or another. Often, she integrates her poetry and art into one artistic piece. To learn of River’s publications, her next art show or something else visit her website: rivermaria.org. In addition to her performance, several of her artistic works will be on display during this venue.
- Sign up for the open mic will be from 5:30 – 6:00 p.m. (limited to 12 readers for 5 minutes each), River Urke will perform from 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. and the open mic will be from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. You don’t want to miss this one!
- Guest host for the evening will be Barry MacDonald (Tekkan).